Tuesday, June 23, 2009

much needed new gear - FIXED

I got an awesome new guitar a couple days ago for a price so low, I don't even really want to say. As you can probably tell, I'm thrilled. Below is a picture from Gretsch's website. But that's pretty much exactly the guitar I got. A Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody G5120 guitar in orange with a clear pickguard. Exactly what I wanted. It's the low end guitar offered by Gretsch, but it's also doesn't cost a friggin' grand like their other models. It's made in Korea and has cheaper electronics/pickups than the Arkansas-made ones, but it still sounds like a dream.

So that's one down. The other guitar I've been wanting is an acoustic resonator to play around with at home. I imagine I won't be splurging on that anytime soon, but you never know when deals creep up.

This orange Gretsch beauty will be making its grand debut July 25th at the National Underground in the Lower East Side. Should be a dandy of a show with us and our good friends the Hey!


No comments: