Saturday, August 15, 2009

weird things--show tonight

dearest readers,

I've seen some pretty weird things around Brooklyn lately. Just the other night, I witnessed a chase scene in my neighborhood. I was coming home late and walking down Rogers street, I was at the corner of Rogers and Lincoln. I was waiting to cross, when, to my surprise, a heavy-set white dude was running full speed down the opposite side of the street. A late night jog through Lefferts-Gardens? A man training for the 2012 Olympic games? An innocent midnight foot race? A chance to show off his sweet cargo shorts? I will never know. Behind him was another heavy-set dude, who was, invariably, chasing cargo shorts man. Only, the trailing runner had to stop every few seconds to catch his breath. Whenever I am in situations like this, I go back to my beloved "Chose Your Own Adventure" books of my youth. Do I chase down cargo shorts man and ask questions later (I have to admit, I was thinking of running him down for fun; for my own ego)? Ask the trailing runner why he was chasing another man at midnight on a Sunday? Run along side the lead runner and ask, "why are you running away from someone?"

I choose to let the scene run its proper course and let my mind wander--field research scientists are not there to influence nature.

Anywhoz, that was only one of many odd encounters I've had: maybe these weird things are harbingers that the world is on its way to a sudden end. Perhaps as the world spins it is chasing its own tail like two heavy-set dudes chasing each other in the night. But as the world ends, won't you want to reflect back on your life and all the times you had?

You will certainly reminisce about that night in the summer of 2009, when you saw Oh No! and the Tiger Pit at the Charleston, and you will remember the smiling faces, the moving bodies, and the groovy rhythms. What a beautiful way to meet your maker!

Don't f*** with the future--Come to the Charleston tonight (on Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg) to watch a great show.

The show starts at 9pm.

Oh No! and the Tiger Pit
The Hey!
Mancie

$7

No comments: